PDA

View Full Version : California Foods

Jon Ay D
10-03-2011, 02:12 AM
So I went into the grocery store and I saw a whole bunch of veggies and fruits and stuff in the produce section that I have never seen before. Are there any meals and/or dishes that are originated in California that I should try to make?

FRANK
10-03-2011, 08:23 AM
you need to be more specific about a particular produce. We're spoiled here in CA when it comes to food, especially fresh produce.

Jon Ay D
10-03-2011, 08:49 AM
alright, Ill write down names next time im there. I just wanted to get some lettuce, and I was welcomed with like 8 different choices of lettuce looking things. Was overwhelmed.

One thing I remember is this cactus looking thing, said it was product of mexico.

sporty148
10-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Does calli have didferent food?

Jon Ay D
10-03-2011, 08:57 AM
not necessarily different, but a lot more variety.

FRANK
10-03-2011, 08:58 AM
alright, Ill write down names next time im there. I just wanted to get some lettuce, and I was welcomed with like 8 different choices of lettuce looking things. Was overwhelmed.

One thing I remember is this cactus looking thing, said it was product of mexico.

not sure about the cactus...lol

Butter lettuce (looks like a hydroponic lettuce plant in a plastic case) is awesome on sandwiches.

Scott
10-03-2011, 12:52 PM
not sure about the cactus...lol

Butter lettuce (looks like a hydroponic lettuce plant in a plastic case) is awesome on sandwiches.

Yea, you can get those form Trader Joe's around here.

I think you can get most of the uncommon fruit/veggies over here, you just gotta look in places other than the regular grocery store.

FRANK
10-03-2011, 01:00 PM

I think you can get most of the uncommon fruit/veggies over here, you just gotta look in places other than the regular grocery store.

or whole foods.

instead of bums wanting to wash your windshield on the corner we have fruit and produce stands :p

Jon Ay D
10-03-2011, 07:52 PM

wtf, there's trader joes on the east coast? never seen or even heard of them there.

C LICIOUS
10-14-2011, 07:42 PM
omg...trader joes is always packed!

Lan
01-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Granola is a California food :p