The Best Forum On The Internet For Men
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama and McCain debate: Who did better?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Lan is on a distinguished road Lan's Avatar

Obama and McCain debate: Who did better?

Who answered the questions more directly? Who do you think did better overall?

MAstamind kengs is on a distinguished road kengs's Avatar

Re: Obama and McCain debate: Who did better? (Lan)

Political views notwithstanding, there is no contest who is the better speaker.

:go kirky: :go kirky: :go kirky:

Re: Obama and McCain debate: Who did better? (Lan)

wrong forum.

- 1%

Re: Obama and McCain debate: Who did better? (pwnanObrien)

^

Re: Obama and McCain debate: Who did better? (pwnanObrien)

I'm trying to get more people's watched topics outside of GDD

Junior Member SupraDoom

McCain.

Senior Member CybeRise CybeRise's Avatar

From the little I saw McCain sounded more polished.

I see you rollin'... Major will become famous soon enough Major will become famous soon enough Major's Avatar

I think that Obama "sounds" like the better speaker...but then again the announcer for the Braves is a good speaker but we arent going to let him run the country

McCain was clearly getting under Obamas skin...obama kept smirking over and over, which came off kind of childish

Not to mention he said "fundamental" about 3 billinon times (thats an actual figure btw, i counted )

Everything considered they both did make some pretty good points....however it affects how much trust i have for what someone in this position says when theyve got waves of people behind them giving them these facts and telling them what to say.

Who has the better record? McCain
    Who has been doing it longer? McCain
    Which candidate is most like me in all aspects? McCain (former military, etc)

Really, other than being a smooth talker and being able to get his own race on his side, I havent heard of one actual thing that Obama has done that would make him deserving of being President

Thats my outlook, so im not trying to start an argument here.

Re: (MajorPayne)

Quote, originally posted by MajorPayne »
    I think that Obama "sounds" like the better speaker...but then again the announcer for the Braves is a good speaker but we arent going to let him run the country

McCain was clearly getting under Obamas skin...obama kept smirking over and over, which came off kind of childish

Not to mention he said "fundamental" about 3 billinon times (thats an actual figure btw, i counted )

Everything considered they both did make some pretty good points....however it affects how much trust i have for what someone in this position says when theyve got waves of people behind them giving them these facts and telling them what to say.

Who has the better record? McCain
    Who has been doing it longer? McCain
    Which candidate is most like me in all aspects? McCain (former military, etc)

Really, other than being a smooth talker and being able to get his own race on his side, I havent heard of one actual thing that Obama has done that would make him deserving of being President

Thats my outlook, so im not trying to start an argument here.

In response to Obama's smirking, McCain didn't make eye contact with Obama, grimace when he spoke, and when it was a time for a response, he came off with a sarcastic remark. Speak about childish....

Fundamental was used because they were both trying to point out the 'fundamental' differences between each other because they agreed on several points, just disagreed on some of the details or strategies.

McCain would revert back to his 'cut spending' warpath when he ran out of anything constructive to say, while Obama pointed out the fallacies of this method and outlined his own policies in detail when it came to economics. McCain generalized and built up hype about government waste, while Obama used finer details to pick apart the faults of hte current system.

McCain also didn't have a leg to stand on when it came to taxes.

When it came to foreign policy, McCain tried to show his 'experience'. McCain argued that he visited Iraq, etc. as a way of proving his knowledge. Sure, you learn things, but you learn things people want you to see. I went to London, and saw the Parliament building. That doesn't mean I am ready to serve in politics, or that i'm an expert in the British political system.

What a conservative pundit said, and I think it says it well, is that Obama is inexperienced, and that can be fixed with experience, and his caution will prove an asset to his performance. McCain is judgmental and quick to react with emotions, and that's something that's not easily repaired. A quick, emotional judgment may not be the correct one.

Re: (accordselux)

Senior Member Obu is on a distinguished road Obu's Avatar

Re: (Lan)

I'm going to have to agree with Dan Balz:

"Each rose to the challenge here Friday night, forcefully scoring points on one another, sparkling at times, but neither emerged as the obvious winner except perhaps to their partisans. There were good exchanges but few big moments of the kind that can change a presidential race."

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

Re: (Obu)

This is my take on it.

Neither one of them answered questions as directly as I would have liked.

Quote, originally posted by Lan »
    This is my take on it.

Thanks for the poll and I completely agree. Though Obama is a smooth talker, neither of them have great "debate skills" regardless

tittays FRANK is a jewel in the rough FRANK is a jewel in the rough FRANK is a jewel in the rough FRANK's Avatar

Re: (PistolStarta)

Quote, originally posted by PistolStarta »

Thanks for the poll and I completely agree. Though Obama is a smooth talker, neither of them have great "debate skills" regardless

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party. -Ron White
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. -Thomas Jefferson

Quote, originally posted by Lan »
    This is my take on it.

nobody in politics is going to give an unfiltered response, not when they have this much at stake

I rememeber last election they said Kerry was terrified to respond to press and questions without first talking to people. I dont remember what decision it was regarding but they said he called 12 different advisors at midnight to form an answer.

Senior Member EGwhat!!! EGwhat!!!'s Avatar

Re: (PistolStarta)

Sponsor IS'D YA is on a distinguished road IS'D YA's Avatar

Re: (EGwhat!!!)

I think Obama did better...

what I'm really interested in seeing is

Biden/Palin....that chick is about to get murdered!

Re: (HAVNSX)

Quote, originally posted by HAVNSX »
    I think Obama did better...

what I'm really interested in seeing is

Biden/Palin....that chick is about to get murdered!

Really, compared with his Hoorah speechs you think he did better? Its obvious without a writer he's much more realistic as a politician and not a hope machine

Senior Member El Payne is on a distinguished road El Payne's Avatar

Re: (accordselux)

Quote, originally posted by accordselux »

What a conservative pundit said, and I think it says it well, is that Obama is inexperienced, and that can be fixed with experience, and his caution will prove an asset to his performance. McCain is judgmental and quick to react with emotions, and that's something that's not easily repaired. A quick, emotional judgment may not be the correct one.

The key in that assumption would be if he can gain enough experience to grow a brain before our country burns to the ground first.
    And McCain, emotional? That's not something I've seen a ton of from him at all, so I'm not sure where that comes from.