Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting Islamic "radicals" in the Philippines

Senior Member flesh!ight flesh!ight's Avatar

Fighting Islamic "radicals" in the Philippines

Over 50 killed in southern Philippines fighting
    Deaths came after intense fighting with Muslim rebels on island of Jolo

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20209309/

thought the name was funny:
    Discontent has also been simmering among MNLF cadres because the government is close to signing a deal with the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) , the country’s largest Muslim secessionist group. The MNLF says the government should first fulfill obligations due to it from the 1996 agreement.

The fighting started on Thursday when gunmen ambushed a group of soldiers on their way to a market in Maimbung town to buy food, local military commander Major-General Ruben Rafael said. Ten soldiers were killed and one was wounded.

In gunbattles later in the day, at least 16 soldiers were killed, said Major Eugene Batara, a spokesman in Zamboanga city. At least 31 rebels were killed and 25 wounded, he said. One boy was killed in crossfire.

Senior Member CybeRise CybeRise's Avatar

Angry Muslims?

NO WAI!

Quote »
    Combat troops from the Philippine Army are transported on a military truck to the frontline, in the restive southern Philippine island of Jolo 13 August 2007. President Gloria Arroyo announced in Manila the military launched a new offensive against Muslim militants in Jolo. Arroyo insisted the offensive was aimed only at militants and that her government would seek to avoid a wider war and would make efforts to minimise civilian casualties. Up to 12,000 troops are now deployed on Jolo and nearby Basilan island where 40 soldiers have been killed in recent clashes and nearly 20,000 civilians have fled their homes.

Senior Member El Payne is on a distinguished road El Payne's Avatar

Re: (J.EM1)

"But they are a PEACEFUL religion." ~ Bleeding heart, flaming Liberals

Re: (JSPayne86)

Quote, originally posted by JSPayne86 »

Lol, hold on let me go talk about the crusades, they have a reason to be angry (end sarcasm)

Re: (PistolStarta)

Quote, originally posted by PistolStarta »

Lol, hold on let me go talk about the crusades, they have a reason to be angry (end sarcasm)

Haha seriously.
    Lets just make sure to differentiate between Islam...

and Nation of Islam...

one is born into it and other is converted. both militant.

Re: (flesh!ight)

Quote, originally posted by flesh!ight »
    one is born into it and other is converted. both militant.

Among their superficial characteristics, yes.

Senior Member AnhYeuEmMaiMai AnhYeuEmMaiMai's Avatar

one can say that the crusades were not of Chrstian behavior. Christian means to be Christ like and Jesus taught us to stand up for what is morally right and to love our neighbors........

it's like saying people who bomb abortion clinics are Christian when in reality they are not. No where does Christ say in the New testament that it is OK to bomb or kill people in His or God's name.

Senior Member malix

Re: (AnhYeuEmMaiMai)

Link isnt working. Page not found.

Edit: just realized this thread is 2 months old. that explains it.

Senior Member BuckNasty BuckNasty's Avatar

Quote, originally posted by JSPayne86 »

Islam is mostly a peaceful religion. You just have your radicals that take it too the extreme, just like in every religion....

Senior Member malix

Re: (BuckNasty)

Quote, originally posted by BuckNasty »
    Islam is mostly a peaceful religion. You just have your radicals that take it too the extreme, just like in every religion....

yeah but sometimes its easier to just generalize about a whole group of people than it is to try to understand the situation.

Re: (malix)

Given that Islam is one of the youngest and fastest spreading religions in the world, I'd say it is the most effect means by which a nation and society is solidified and warped. This is because the subjects of the religion [Middle East etc] are mostly war torn areas, vulnerable to any idealism that creates an us vs them scenario. Plus, Islam is so readily and easily misinterpretted by weak minds, that what results, is a highly visable and effective "radicalism."

Re: (flesh!ight)

Have you read all the teachings of muhammed?

Qur'an 5:51 "Believers, take not Jews and Christians for your friends. They are but friends and protectors to each other."

Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)."

Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

Qur'an 8:69 "So enjoy what you took as booty; the spoils are lawful and good."

Ishaq:326 "Allah said, `No Prophet before Muhammad took booty from his enemy nor prisoners for ransom.' Muhammad said, `I was made victorious with terror. The earth was made a place for me to clean. I was given the most powerful words. Booty was made lawful for me. I was given the power to intercede. These five privileges were awarded to no prophet before me.'"

Tabari IX:137 "Mariyah, a Copt slave, was presented to the Prophet. She was given to him by Muqawqis, the ruler of Alexandria."

As for the principles in practice

1. Islamic nations execute those who witness or proseletyze the Christian faith.

2. Islamic nations execute those who wish to convert from Islam to another religion.

3. Islam is the most misogynist religion in the world, and denies women basic human rights.

4. 75% of women imprisoned in the Islamic nation of Pakistan were sentenced to prison because they were raped, but failed to produce the necessary 4 witnesses to the rape, and were thus imprisoned for having sex outside of marriage.

5. Muslim imams in mosques across Europe and the US, routinely teach Muslims to practice jihad against the West.

6. Mohammed married a 6 year old and consummated the marriage when she was 9 years old, but all Muslims believe his life to be the perfect example for all.

7. Mohammed personally led 27 raids against his enemies, leading his followers into battle--this from the leader of the "religion of peace."

8. On more than one occasion, Mohammed gave orders to have his captured enemies beheaded.

9. Mohammed specifically stated it is permissible for Muslims to lie to, and break treaties with, nonMuslims.

10. Muslim leaders and imams, throughout the Middle East, praise and encourage Palestinians to commit suicide with explosives and murder innocent women and children while doing so.

Senior Member malix

If we are going to copy & paste stuff, how about giving a link to the source too?

You need me to source the Koran?

All of the second pieces of information are cited from the Book "The truth about Muhammed"

Senior Member BuckNasty BuckNasty's Avatar

As for the principles in practice

1.Islamic nations execute those who witness or proseletyze the Christian faith.

Only practiced by radicals. Places like Dubai have openly embraced haivng other religions within the country.

2. Islamic nations execute those who wish to convert from Islam to another religion.

I will have to see this one. I dount doubt it, But I do need to see it to believe it.

3. Islam is the most misogynist religion in the world, and denies women basic human rights.

Yea. They probably are.

4. 75% of women imprisoned in the Islamic nation of Pakistan were sentenced to prison because they were raped, but failed to produce the necessary 4 witnesses to the rape, and were thus imprisoned for having sex outside of marriage.

Ok.

5. Muslim imams in mosques across Europe and the US, routinely teach Muslims to practice jihad against the West.

They are Preaching RADICAL Islam. Again, this is counter to what most conservative muslims practice.

6. Mohammed married a 6 year old and consummated the marriage when she was 9 years old, but all Muslims believe his life to be the perfect example for all.

I just said they werent violent. Did say anything about them being homos. Hey every religion has 'em

7. Mohammed personally led 27 raids against his enemies, leading his followers into battle--this from the leader of the "religion of peace."

That was back in a ancient and fuedal era where there was a bunch of nomadic tribes and nation-states in the area that were all trying to attain power. Fights are inevitable, right?

8. On more than one occasion, Mohammed gave orders to have his captured enemies beheaded.

Dont doubt this. Again, look at the times they were in. Nobody was civilized back then...

9. Mohammed specifically stated it is permissible for Muslims to lie to, and break treaties with, nonMuslims.

That's two-faced, not violent.

10. Muslim leaders and imams, throughout the Middle East, praise and encourage Palestinians to commit suicide with explosives and murder innocent women and children while doing so.

Again Preaching by RADICAL Islam. Not the mainstream. The Qu'ran explicitly forbid muslims to kill women and children. But if you interpret it a different way (radically) you can make is approve just about anything.

If you want proof, I'll post it up tomorrow or something. Im gettin all of this first hand from books...

Senior Member malix

You need me to source the Koran?

No, but a link to wherever you got that list of quotes from would be nice.

All of the second pieces of information are cited from the Book "The truth about Muhammed"

"The Truth About Muhammad: Founder of the World's Most Intolerant Religion"

Nice. Find that one on the Conservative Book Club?

https://www.conservativebookcl...c6959

Im not going to argue over specifics of what the book says, but do you really think this is an unbiased and objective look at Islam?

No, Its ranked number 2 on amazon.com under muslims Sorry you can't trust a book that was written based upon the writings of fake prophet

Unbiased look? Read the versus from the Koran there guy. You're always such one for credible sources its in their main texts of teaching.